The Regenerative Practitioner Series
We offer the Series several times per year to cohorts of 20-30 practitioners in communities around the world. Enrollment is currently open through October 13th for a new Americas cohort with an in-person Intensive in Santa Fe, New Mexico. You can also join our inquiry list to receive updates when enrollment next opens.
About the series
The Regenerative Practitioner Series is an intensive deep dive for practitioners who are feeling called to take their capability to practice regenerative work to the next level.
Over the course of the six-month program, participants engage deeply with a methodology for regenerative development that has been developed and extensively field-tested by Regenesis over 27 years and hundreds of projects around the world.
The Regenerative Practitioner Series has been evolved and refined over a decade of delivery to 40+ cohorts of practitioners hailing from over 30 countries. Graduates from across a broad diversity of geographies, cultures, and professional disciplines describe the series as an experience that is deeply transformative, and provides a new platform from which to bring transformative processes to your work, your collaborations, and your communities.
“Hands down the best personal and professional development experience I’ve ever had.”
“Truly a life-changing opportunity.”
“Incredibly inspiring and mind-shifting.”
Marlies van der Wee
“This is amazing and inspiring work that is immediately useful and life-changing on multiple levels.”
It’s time to do the deep work
There is rapidly increasing alignment around the imperative need to bring our human communities back into life-giving alignment with the ecological systems that nourish us. This requires outer development — projects, initiatives, infrastructure and systems change.
The Regenerative Practitioner Series is based on the premise that the critical foundation for this outer development is the inner development of new levels of capacity, consciousness, cultural identity and will, both in ourselves as practitioners and in the communities and systems we work within.
Core to the process of developing a regenerative practice is growing the capacity to work simultaneously on these inner and outer dimensions.
Our understanding of what’s required of ourselves as practitioners and as human beings deepens as this inner work unfolds. For this reason, we do not think of the series as a “training” but rather as a deep dive into a new way of seeing and thinking about our work that provides a new foundation from which to chart one’s own unique developmental path.
How does the series work?
The Regenerative Practitioner Series is an in-depth, six-month course held over Zoom. The course includes ten two-hour dialogue sessions structured around our curriculum of reading material and practice exercises, and culminates in a three-day intensive workshop.
How does the series work?
The Regenerative Practitioner Series is an in-depth, five-month course held over Zoom. The course includes ten two-hour dialogue sessions structured around our curriculum of reading material and practice exercises, and culminates in a three-day intensive workshop.
- Sessions are two hours in length, held every other week. For each session, participants will complete a preparatory reading and assignment.
- The sessions themselves combine live instruction with open group dialogue and one-on-one “fishbowl” time, where a single participant works with our instructors to explore a project they are actually working on as a way of bringing strategic frameworks to life for the entire group.
- The sessions are recorded and made available for download, so you can catch up if you miss a session. Participants typically spend between 3 – 5 hours per week preparing for and engaging in the sessions and course assignments while this portion of the course is underway.
- In the off weeks between sessions, you will be encouraged to meet with one another in small study groups to work on grounding the content of the sessions through real-life application and a group assignment.
- Each study cohort receives 4 hours of faculty coaching over the duration of the series.
- Depending on your cohort selection, your Intensive may be held either online or in person.
- The Intensive takes place over a long weekend, with sessions lasting all day with a lunch break on Friday – Sunday.
- The Intensive combines dialogue in large and small groups with journaling and reflection exercises.
- The Intensive is followed by a final two-hour zoom session, held approximately two weeks after the weekend workshop.
Have a question about how the course works? Submit it via our inquiry form.
Is this course right for me?
We encourage all prospective TRP participants to engage in your own process of self-identifying as a regenerative practitioner. To support you in that, we’ve developed a list of qualities that can help you assess whether the course would be a good fit for you.
Is this course right for me?
We encourage all prospective TRP participants to engage in your own process of self-identifying as a regenerative practitioner. To support you in that, we’ve developed a list of qualities that regenerative practitioners tend to share, which can help you see whether the course would be a good fit.
To help with this, you might ask yourself whether some or all of these statements apply to you:
- You often see bigger potential than is being realized on the projects you’re involved in but haven’t found a way to help your collaborators and/or clients see and align with that potential.
- You know that sustainability will never accomplish its aims if we can’t change the way we think and work, but you’re not sure how to achieve this.
- Your work is important and meaningful to you, but you still feel the drive to learn and develop along a path so that your work and the essence of “who you are” become further and further integrated.
- You have a track record of delivering results, and yet you continually see possibilities beyond the level that you are currently able to realize.
- You feel a strong desire to be part of a larger community of likeminded practitioners mutually committed to growing and deepening the impact of your work.
If so, you may be a good candidate for the series. If you are considering enrolling in TRP but unsure as to whether the course is right for you, you may request a conversation with a faculty member to mutually assess whether it’s a fit.
What material is covered?
The series is structured around a systemic framework that has been developed and tested over decades of working in communities around the world. The framework integrates four core elements that enable regenerative thinking and working across nested systems.
What material does the series cover?
The series is structured around a systemic framework that has been drawn from and tested through decades of working on regenerative development projects in communities all over the world. The framework integrates four core elements that enable regenerative thinking and working across the nested systems in which we work.
The learning outcomes of the series are as follows:
- A deeper understanding and embodiment of regenerative development principles and how they unfold both in your personal life and in projects and communities
- Greater ability to assess project design and development practices for their regenerative potential
- Greater ability to define how a regenerative approach would apply to various sectors and fields of practice relevant to your work
- Increased capacity to manage complexity as a means to deliver greater value to clients and stakeholders
- A new grounding into the significance of place as a coalescing force for regenerative work, yielding fresh insights and observations into the places in which you live and work.
- New insight into the contribution that your practice can make to the systems in which you work, and the ability to chart your own developmental path towards realizing that contribution
- The support of a growing learning community of peers and colleagues who share your commitment to creating profoundly innovative work in service to a healthier community and world.
- New insights into and discernment around how to grow increasing levels of caring, motivation and spirit in our teams and our projects.
For more information about the content covered in the series, you may download the course syllabus.
Enrollment Details for 2023 Cohorts
Course Tuition & Scholarships/Subsidies
The tuition for the series varies to reflect the costs associated with the series Intensive in each of our cohorts’ different geographic locations, and typically ranges between $2500-$2750 USD.
Tuition for the currently enrolling Americas cohort with an in-person Intensive in Santa Fe is $2600 USD.
To enroll, you may either pay the full tuition amount, or pay the first of the six monthly payments. Payment plans include administrative fees. Please note: if you are requesting a scholarship, you will not complete the process of paying your course tuition until your request is approved.
Interested in participating as a group with your colleagues? We’ve seen again and again that learning this work alongside other members of one’s organization powerfully supports participants building the scaffolding for deeper and more effective integration. We offer a group discount of 10% off the tuition price for colleagues or collaborators from the same team and/or organization who sign up together. The discount applies to groups of four or more registrants. Contact Course Administrator Avery Hardy at avery(at)regenerat.es for further information.
If circumstances intervene and you are no longer able to participate after having registered, we are able to offer a full refund of your tuition and/or deposit up until the enrollment deadline. If you need to withdraw after that point, we will retain any deposit/tuition paid as a credit-on-file should you want to participate in a future cohort.
For American Institute of Architects (AIA) members, this course is eligible for 46 CES LUs.
$1000 USD Base Scholarship/Subsidy
We offer $1,000 USD base scholarships/subsidies toward the course tuition to any practitioner who would not be able to participate without financial support. The base scholarship/subsidy application is a one-question sub-section of the enrollment form; to apply for a scholarship/subsidy, simply indicate that you would like to do so when you get to that part of the form. Please note, we approve scholarships/subsidies on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage applicants who know they would require such support to apply as early as possible in the enrollment window.
Additional Equity-Based Scholarships/Subsidies
If a $1,000 USD scholarship/subsidy is not sufficient to enable your participation, we encourage you to make a request for additional funds during the scholarship/subsidy application process. We are especially committed to using scholarship/subsidy funds to create equity of access to this work and inclusivity within our “community of communities.” We prioritize scholarships/subsidies higher than our $1000 USD base scholarship/subsidy based on alignment with our equity priorities:
- Practitioners who work as community activists and/or organizers serving marginalized populations and/or underfunded communities.
- Practitioners from underrepresented backgrounds, including Indigenous practitioners and practitioners of color.
- Practitioners from countries with low economic purchasing power relative to the US (including countries in Africa and Latin America).
- Practitioners who are coming from a lack of financial stability or security, including those whose financial stability has been affected by current global economic conditions.
Please note that scholarships/subsidies take the form of a reduction in your tuition costs. If you select a cohort that includes an in-person Intensive, you will still be responsible for your personal travel expenses.
Cohorts Currently Enrolling: Deadline October 13th
The following cohort is currently open for enrollment. Click below to review their session schedules, tuition cost, and Intensive information:
The Americas with In-Person Intensive in Santa Fe
Enrollment Closes Friday, October 13th
The Americas in-person Intensive will take place in Santa Fe, New Mexico from Thursday, April 4th, 2024 through Sunday, April 7th. (All other course sessions will be held over Zoom.) The Intensive begins with a welcome dinner from 6-8 pm on the evening of Thursday the 4th. From the 5th-7th, sessions will run for the duration of the day. Coffee, tea, and light refreshments as well as the opening dinner on Thursday evening will be provided.
If weather issues cause your flight to the Intensive to be cancelled or delayed such that your participation is impacted, we will grant you free participation in the next Santa Fe in-person Intensive in late spring/early summer 2024.
Your tuition does not include meals, lodging or travel expenses. We will provide participants with a guide detailing the many excellent options for meals and lodging that are within walking distance of the Intensive location as well as local cultural attractions for those who wish to explore further.
Tuition for this cohort is $2600 USD. Please see the Tuition and Scholarships section above for additional information.
|Session||Date||Time (US Mountain)||Local Time Link|
|Meetup||Tuesday Nov. 14th||10am – 12pm||calculate local time|
|1||Tuesday Nov. 28th||10am – 12pm||calculate local time|
|2||Tuesday Dec. 12th||10am – 12pm||calculate local time|
|3||Tuesday Jan. 9th||10am – 12pm||calculate local time|
|4||Tuesday Jan. 23rd||10am – 12pm||calculate local time|
|5||Tuesday Feb. 6th||10am – 12pm||calculate local time|
|6||Tuesday Feb. 20th||10am – 12pm||calculate local time|
|7||Tuesday Mar. 5th||10am – 12pm||calculate local time|
|8||Tuesday Mar. 19th||10am – 12pm||calculate local time|
|Intensive||Thursday April 4th – Sunday April 7th||all day||all day|
|9||Tuesday April 16th||10am – 12pm||calculate local time|
Ready to take the next step? Start the enrollment process here.
Connect with Us
If you’d like support in assessing whether this course is a good fit for you, you may connect with us via our Request a Conversation form. Once your submission is received, a member of our team will reach out to you.
Cohorts Enrolling Later This Year
Enrollment for all 2024 cohorts will open in mid-late October. Click below to find preliminary scheduling information for our various geographic locations.
We anticipate offering 3+ Americas-based cohorts in 2024, with Intensives held in both the Eastern and Western US. We are also exploring the possibility of an entirely-online cohort with an Intensive held over Zoom, suitable for practitioenrs in Americas-based time zones. To be notified when enrollment is open for Americas-based cohorts in 2024, please join our Inquiry List.
We anticipate offering 3+ Europe-based cohorts in 2024, with Intensives held in various locations. We are also exploring the possibility of an entirely-online cohort with an Intensive held over Zoom, suitable for practitioners in Europe and MENA-based time zones. To be notified when enrollment is open for Europe-based cohorts in 2024, please join our Inquiry List.
We anticipate our next Australia-based cohorts to run from approximately March – September 2024. To be notified when enrollment is open for Australia-based cohorts in 2024, please join our Inquiry List.
Our most recent Aotearoa cohort is concluding in September 2023, so 2024 cohorts have not been scheduled yet. But we typically offer 1-2 Aotearoa-based cohorts per year, with an in-person Intensive held in Auckland. To be notified when enrollment is open for Aotearoa-based cohorts in 2024, please join our Inquiry List.
Ready to start your deep dive into regenerative practice? Start your enrollment for the Series by clicking the button below.
Want a taste of our approach to regenerative development and to learn more about our global co-learning community? Watch recordings of recent public seminars on our Seminars page.
Photo credit: Ofrenda at Austin TRP Intensive, Elkk Photography.